Allston, Massachusetts Criminal Lawyer
Early in the neighborhood’s history, modern-day Allston, MA was part of the former town of Brighton. In 1868, a new post office and railroad depot were built in the eastern section of Brighton. Following the completion of the railroad depot and the post office, the area was given the name Allston after a well-known Cambridge painter - Washington Allston.
Although Brighton was annexed by the City of Boston in 1874, Allston has never existed as an independent town or city. Yet the culturally diverse Boston neighborhood boasts a unique and rich history. The area’s economy was initially driven by large scale livestock and railroad operations. While the livestock industry faded away by the end of the 1900s, railroad operations from early in Allston’s history are still being utilized to this day.
What began as a small eastern section of Brighton has grown into a densely populated Boston neighborhood. Today, Allston, Boston, Massachusetts is home to approximately 21,500 residents. As a neighborhood of the City of Boston, Allston is within the jurisdiction of the Boston court system. When facing criminal charges in a Boston court or any other courthouse, it is important that you hire an experienced MA criminal defense lawyer to protect your rights.
For over four decades, the law firm of Altman & Altman, LLP has been representing clients in the Boston neighborhood of Allston and throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Our criminal defense attorneys handle all types of charges, from small misdemeanors to serious felonies, including, but not limited to:
- College Student Crimes – Drug Possession/Distribution; OUI; Underage Drinking; Possession of a Fake ID; Assault; Battery; Indecent Exposure; Cyber Crimes; Vandalism.
- Motor Vehicle Crimes – Drunk Driving (OUI & DUI); Hit & Run; Vehicular Manslaughter; Reckless Driving; Driving to Endanger; Operating an Uninsured Vehicle; Driving with a Revoked or Suspended Driver’s License.
- Theft Crimes – White Collar Crimes; Grand Larceny; Petty Larceny; Burglary; Robbery; Fraud; Identity Theft.
- Drug Crimes – School Zone Drug Violations; Drug Possession; Drug Trafficking; Drug Possession with Intent to Sell; Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
- Probation Violations – Carrying a Firearm while on Probation; Arrested while on Probation; Missed Meeting with Probation Officer; Missing Treatment(s); Leaving/Moving out of State in Violation of Probation.
- Violent Crimes – Aggravated Sexual Assault; Murder; Rape; Illegal Possession Offenses; Drunk Driving (OUI & DWI); Juvenile Crimes; Accessory Before-After the Fact.
- Assault & Battery – Aggravated Assault & Battery; Assault & Battery with a Deadly Weapon; Assault with Intent to Rob or Murder; Vehicular Assault; Domestic Assault & Battery.
- Outstanding Warrants – Out-of-State Warrants; Bench Warrant for Failure to Appear in Court; Bench Warrant for Failure to Pay Court Ordered Child Support.
Having an experienced criminal defense lawyer by your side is important at every stage of the legal process – not just at the trial. Whether you have been arrested, are facing an arraignment, are being investigated, or are being questioned by the police, our skillful MA Criminal Defense Lawyers will vigorously defend your rights.
At Altman & Altman, we understand the confusion and stress that often accompanies facing criminal charges in court. The attorneys at the law firm of Altman & Altman, LLP will help guide you through these tough times. Our team of skillful Boston Criminal Defense Attorneys will outline your legal options and will fully explain your legal rights in order to put your mind at ease.
If you are facing criminal charges in Allston, please contact the law firm of Altman & Altman LLP to schedule a Free Initial Consultation with one of our experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers. All consultations are completely confidential.