Brookline, Massachusetts Criminal Lawyers
Modern-day Brookline, Massachusetts was first settled by European colonists in the early 1600s. The area was initially known as the Hamlet of Muddy River prior to being incorporated as the town of Brookline in 1705. During the 1800s, Brookline was on the brink of being merged into the city of Boston. Yet the Brookline-Boston annexation debate of 1873 resulted in Brookline retaining its status as a separate town.
Early in the town's history, Brookline Village served as the area's original center of business activity. The early economy was greatly benefited by Boston Upper Road which passed through Brookline Village. The town's economy also benefited from the construction of the Boston & Worchester Turnpike, now Massachusetts Route 9, in 1810 and a railway which also connected to the town to Boston and Worchester.
Today, Brookline, MA is home to approximately 59,000 residents. The town is bordered by the cities of Boston and Newton. Brookline is made up of numerous neighborhoods, squares and areas, including Aspinwall Hill, Beaconsfield, Brookline Hills, Brookline Village, Buttonwood Village, Central Village, Chestnut Hill, Cleveland Circle, Coolidge Corner, Corey Farm, Fisher Hill, Larz Anderson Park, Longwood, North Brookline, The Point, Putterham Circle, South Brookline and Washington Square.
Brookline is located in Norfolk County, Massachusetts. The town is home to the Brookline District Court which is sited at 360 Washington Street. The courthouse handles criminal cases and is in operation from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
For over 40 years, the law firm of Altman & Altman LLP has been providing outstanding criminal defense legal representation to clients in the Brookline, MA area and throughout New England. Our experienced Brookline criminal defense attorneys have appeared as legal analysts on The Fox News Channel, MSNBC, the BBC Network and CourtTV. In addition, the criminal lawyers at Altman & Altman have contributed to Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly and have been featured on Boston.com.
Our dedicated team of Brookline, MA criminal defense attorneys understands that facing criminal charges in court is often a confusing and frightening experience for those involved. With this anxiety in mind, we will fully explain your options and will outline all of your available legal avenues. In addition, our experienced team of Brookline criminal defense lawyers will provide you with straightforward answers to all of your legal questions in order to give you peace of mind.
Having an experienced lawyer by your side is critical at every stage of the criminal process - not just at trial. Whether you have been arrested, are facing an arraignment, are being investigated, or are being questioned by the police, it is important to have an experienced attorney present. As a client of the law firm of Altman & Altman, our Brookline lawyers will stand by your side during every step of the criminal process in order to protect your rights.
At Altman & Altman, we handle all types of crimes - from minor to serious charges. Our team of Brookline, MA criminal lawyers provides legal services to clients facing all varieties of charges, including, but not limited to:
- Traffic Violations - Speeding Tickets; Outstanding Warrants for Unpaid Tickets; Driving with a Revoked or Suspended License; Hit & Run Accidents; Reckless Driving; Leaving the Scene of an Accident; Driving Uninsured.
- Drunk Driving Charges - Operating a Motor Vehicle Under the Influence (OUI); Driving While Intoxicated (DWI).
- Drug Crimes - Possession of Drug Paraphernalia; Drug Possession; Drug Possession with Intent to Sell; Drug Trafficking; School Zone Drug Violations.
- Probation Violations - Arrested while on Probation; Missing Meeting with Probation Officer; Missing Treatment; Carrying a Firearm while on Probation; Leaving/Moving out of State in Violation of Probation.
- Juvenile Crimes - Underage Drinking; Possession of a Fake ID; Juvenile Drug Crimes.
- Assault & Battery - Aggravated Assault & Battery; Assault & Battery with a Deadly Weapon; Assault with Intent to Rob or Murder; Vehicular Assault; Domestic Assault & Battery.
- Outstanding Warrants - Out-of-State Warrants; Bench Warrant for Failure to Appear in Court; Bench Warrant for Failure to Pay a Court Ordered Child Support.
If you are facing criminal charges in the Brookline area, please contact the criminal lawyers at Altman & Altman to schedule a Free & Confidential Initial Consultation with one of our MA criminal attorneys. During this free initial meeting, our skilled Brookline, Massachusetts criminal lawyers will fully explain your legal options and will field any legal questions you may have. Your free initial consultation is completely confidential.