Haverhill, Massachusetts Criminal Lawyer
The area that comprises modern day Haverhill was established in 1640. Originally named Pentucket, Haverhill was incorporated as a city in 1870. Early in the city’s history, the land was primarily used for agricultural purposes. As the population grew, the area began to emerge as an important industrial center. Initially, the landscape was dominated by sawmills and gristmills. Yet during the 1700s, Haverhill began to develop numerous tanneries and also became an important shipbuilding settlement.
Despite the importance of the above mentioned industries, Haverhill is perhaps best known for being major shoe manufacturing hub. During the early 1900s, the City of Haverhill produced one tenth of all shoes made in the United States. Haverhill’s large shoe-making industry earned the city the nickname the “Queen Slipper City.”
Today, the City of Haverhill is home to approximately 60,000 residents. Many of the factories that once manufactured goods in Haverhill have been converted into apartment and condominium units in order to meet the demands of a growing population.
Haverhill, MA is now the largest city or town in Essex County. The city is home to The Haverhill District Court (also known as the Trial Court of the Commonwealth, District Court Department, Haverhill Division). The courthouse is located on J.P. Ginty Boulevard and is in operation from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. In addition to serving the City of Haverhill, the court also has jurisdiction over the surrounding communities of Boxford, Bradford, Georgetown and Groveland.
For over forty years, the law firm of Altman & Altman LLP has been providing outstanding representation to clients in the Haverhill area and throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Facing criminal charges in Haverhill District Court or any other courthouse is often a confusing and frightening experience for those involved. At Altman & Altman, we understand and appreciate the stress and uncertainty that frequently accompanies being charged with a crime. With this in mind, our dedicated team of Haverhill criminal lawyers will fully outline your legal options and will field any legal questions that you may have. Our experienced Haverhill, MA criminal lawyers handle all charges, from minor to serious offenses, including, but not limited to:
- Juvenile Crimes – Underage Drinking; Possession of a Fake ID; Juvenile Drug Crimes.
- Outstanding Warrants – Out-of-State Warrants; Bench Warrant for Failure to Appear in Court; Bench Warrant for Failure to Pay a Court Ordered Child Support.
- Drug Crimes – Drug Paraphernalia Possession; Drug Possession; Drug Possession with Intent to Sell; Drug Trafficking; School Zone Drug Violations.
- Probation Violations – Arrested while on Probation; Missing Meeting with Probation Officer; Missing Treatment; Carrying a Firearm while on Probation; Leaving/Moving out of State in Violation of Probation.
- Assault & Battery – Aggravated Assault & Battery; Assault & Battery with a Deadly Weapon; Assault with Intent to Rob or Murder; Vehicular Assault; Domestic Assault & Battery.
- Violent Crimes – Drunk Driving (OUI & DWI); Aggravated Sexual Assault; Murder; Rape; Illegal Possession Offenses; Juvenile Crimes; Accessory Before-After the Fact.
The criminal process is very complex. In order to protect yourself, it is important to have legal representation at every step of the process – not just at trial. Whether you have been arrested, are facing an arraignment, are being investigated, or are being questioned by the police, we will vigorously defend your rights and will stand by your side throughout the entire process.
Our experienced MA criminal attorneys have appeared as analysts on MSNBC, The Fox News Channel, The BBC Network and CourtTV. In addition, our lawyers have appeared on Boston.com and have contributed to Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly. Through our knowledge, experience, and expertise in the courtroom, our team of criminal defense attorneys will protect your rights and give you peace of mind knowing that your case is in good hands.
If you are facing criminal charges in the Haverhill area, please contact the criminal lawyers at Altman & Altman to schedule a Free & Confidential Initial Consultation with one of our experienced MA criminal attorneys.
Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition to being available by phone around the clock, all emails sent to the firm receive an immediate response.