New Bedford, Massachusetts Criminal Lawyer
New Bedford, Massachusetts is home to approximately 100,000 residents. Commonly referred to as “The Whaling City,” New Bedford’s rich history has been greatly impacted by the whaling industry. During the 19th century, New Bedford was one of the most vital whaling ports in the world. In addition to the city’s rich whaling history, New Bedford was also the home of the famous abolitionist Frederick Douglas.
Today, the City of New Bedford is an important seaport city with a thriving fishing industry and waterfront. The New Bedford Seaport is home to more than 225 commercial fishing vessels. These vessels contribute to the enormous value of landed catch which ranks 1st among the nation’s commercial fishing ports.
New Bedford is located in Bristol County and contains both a Superior Court and The New Bedford District Court. The New Bedford District Court, located on North Sixth Street, serves not only the city of New Bedford, but also the surrounding towns of Acushnet, Dartmouth, Fairhaven, Freetown, and Westport.
For over four decades, the law firm of Altman & Altman LLP has successfully represented clients in New Bedford and throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Our experienced New Bedford Criminal Lawyers handle all types of criminal cases, including, but not limited to:
- Theft Crimes – White Collar Crimes; Grand Larceny; Petty Larceny; Burglary; Robbery; Fraud; Identity Theft.
- Drug Crimes – Possession of Drug Paraphernalia; Drug Possession; Drug Possession with Intent to Sell; Drug Trafficking; School Zone Drug Violations.
- Assault & Battery – Aggravated Assault & Battery; Assault & Battery with a Deadly Weapon; Assault with Intent to Rob or Murder; Vehicular Assault; Domestic Assault & Battery.
- Outstanding Warrants – Out-of-State Warrants; Bench Warrant for Failure to Appear in Court; Bench Warrant for Failure to Pay a Court Ordered Child Support.
- Violent Crimes – Aggravated Sexual Assault; Murder; Rape; Illegal Possession Offenses; Drunk Driving (OUI & DWI); Juvenile Crimes; Accessory Before-After the Fact.
The law firm of Altman & Altman LLP has provided outstanding criminal defense legal services to clients for over 40 years. At Altman & Altman, our New Bedford Criminal Attorneys understand the enormous amount of stress that often accompanies facing criminal charges in court. With that in mind, our skillful team of Criminal Defense Lawyers will handle every aspect of your case, will field all of your legal questions, and will diligently work on your case to help put your mind at ease.
Criminal proceedings are complex and are often confusing to those involved. Due to the complex nature of the proceedings, it is important to have legal representation during every step of the process. Whether you have been arrested, are facing an arraignment, are being investigated, or are being questioned by the police, our experienced MA Criminal Defense Lawyers will vigorously defend your rights. The attorneys at Altman & Altman LLP will help guide you through this difficult time.
At the law firm of Altman & Altman, we have been successfully representing clients in the New Bedford area for over four decades. From minor to serious charges - our criminal defense attorneys provide our clients with straight answers to the tough legal questions and will fully explain your legal rights. Through our knowledge, experience, and expertise in the courtroom, the team of criminal defense attorneys at Altman & Altman will protect your rights and give you peace of mind knowing that your case is in good hands.
If you are facing criminal charges, please contact the law firm of Altman & Altman LLP to schedule a Free Initial Consultation with one of our experienced Criminal Defense Lawyers.